Becoming a Dentist in Nevada - NV
In Nevada, the licensing of dental professionals is regulated by the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners. According to the Board, dentistry in Nevada is not as widely available as would be hoped for by public health professionals and community leaders. In a census survey, several counties were found to be underserved by dental professionals, including Lincoln, White Pine, Clark, and Washoe. Astounding results revealed the dentist to population ratio of Washoe County to be 1:14,183; Clark County was 1:4,389. What this means is that there is an extremely high need for professionals like you in Nevada.
If you are interested in learning how to become a dentist in Nevada you can look forward to completing a clinic-based dental training program. This program will have you working alongside some of the most experienced dentists in State of Nevada. In this environment you will hone your skills while gaining exposure to the expertise of licensed professionals. During the clinical training component you will be doing things like:
- Reviewing and interpreting dental x-rays
- Preparing patients for oral surgery
- Administering and monitoring the effects of both local and general anesthesias
- Performing basic teeth cleanings
- Filling cavities
At the completion of this dental training program, the Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners requires you to complete these tests:
- National Board Dental Examination
- Clinical examination – American Board of Dental Examiners
- Western Regional Examining Board examination
- Nevada Jurisprudence Examination
Once you have passed these tests and completed all of the requirements, you will be considered eligible for dental practitioner licensure in the State of Nevada.