Exercise Science Career in Massachusetts - MA
Exercise science is an exciting field that combines health care, physical fitness and the study of movement. There are many and varied exercise science careers in Massachusetts that are available to those who hold a degree in exercise science. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in fitness and exercise are expected to increase much faster than other jobs through the year 2018.
Kaiser State Health Facts reports that 54.4% of all adults in Massachusetts are overweight or obese, providing a large customer base for someone who works in sports or holds a job in exercise or fitness. Career titles that can be found in Massachusetts for someone possessing a degree in exercise science include personal trainer, exercise specialist, fitness instructor and fitness director. A recent search on indeed.com found the following positions in exercise science currently open in Massachusetts:
- Full Time Exercise Specialist – Plus One Health Management, Boston
- Exercise Physiologist - Caritas Holy Family Hospital & Medical Center, Methuen
- Assistant Professor, Exercise and Sport Science – Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg
- Recreation and Fitness Coordinator – The Salvation Army, Massachusetts
- Personal Trainer – Club One, Marlborough
- Wellness Fitness Specialist II – STG International, Boston
A degree in exercise science can also be a stepping-stone to other careers in the health care arena, such as physical therapy or nursing.
This list of openings is provided for informative purposes only and in no way represents a job offer.