Family Nurse Practitioner Salary in New Jersey - NJ
A family nurse practitioner in New Jersey performs many of the same duties as a medical doctor, albeit in collaboration with a physician, and heir pay rate reflects these responsibilities. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor groups family nurse practitioners in with registered nurses when aggregating salary categories. The BLS states that the average FNP or RN in New Jersey makes $74,990 per year. Those in the nursing field know, however, that the average family nurse practitioner salary in New Jersey is actually higher than that figure.
Another website that lists salary data is indeed.com. This site states that the average annual income for a family nurse practitioner working in New Jersey is $88,000. This figure seems to be more in line with what employers are currently offering prospective family nurse practitioners in New Jersey. Jobs abound for family nurse practitioners in New Jersey. The following is a small sample of currently available FNP positions found on indeed.com:
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Chilton Memorial Hospital, Pompton Plains
- Family Nurse Practitioner – CVS/Pharmacy, multiple NJ locations
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Virginia Nurses Association, Newark
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Visiting Nurse Association of Central New Jersey, Newark
- Family Nurse Practitioner – Take Care Health, Sicklerville
*Remember that these positions are offered as examples only and not as an offer or guarantee of employment.