EKG Tech Schools in Florida - FL
By Susan Maphis, allied health world contributing writer
Find a school now
EKG Technician Training in Florida
The state of Florida does not require licensing or certification for EKG Techs working in the state; however, many employers require training and certification in order to secure employment.
- Graduate from high school and get your diploma or GED.
- Enroll in a Florida EKG technician training program. You will graduate with a certificate in EKG technology.
- Become certified nationally as an EKG Tech. There are a variety of organizations that certify EKG technicians. The one you select should depend upon your potential employer's preference or the standard of EKG Techs working in the area. Talk to some EKG Techs who work in the area of Florida in which you hope to work, or get suggestions from your school, as to which certification to try for.
- The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) offers certification as a National Certified ECG Technician (NCET). For students, the fee to register for the exam is $90; the regular fee is $135 for non-students.
- The American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) offers EKG certification as well. To take their exam, you must become a member of their organization and have either six months of work experience in the EKG field or have graduated from an ASPT-approved EKG technician training program in Florida. Their exam fee is $55, and you can register at www.aspt.org.
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) offers certification as a Certified Cardiograph Technician (CCT). This exam requires that you are currently a student in an EKG training program, a graduate of an approved program, or work in the allied health field.
EKG Technician Schools in Florida
- Surgical Technologist - AAS
- Pharmacy Technician - DIP
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Cardiac
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - General
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Port Saint Lucie
- Daytona Beach
- Surgical Technology, AS
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography, AS
- Medical Laboratory Technician, AS
Keiser University offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to all its students and alumni.
- Fort Myers
- New Port Richey
- Health Information Technician Associates Degree
Further your education and strengthen your skill set at Rasmussen College