Ultrasound Tech Salary in Florida - FL
By allied health world contributing writer
Find a school now
On average, the Florida ultrasound technician salary is approximately $68,000 per year. It’s simple to see why a sonography career in Florida is an outstanding choice. After all, the salary is almost twice as much as average Americans make in a year.
Here are the average Florida ultrasound technician salaries for the ten biggest cities:
Cape Coral Ultrasound Technician: $66,000
Fort Lauderdale Ultrasound Technician: $66,000
Hialeah Ultrasound Technician: $66,000
Jacksonville Ultrasound Technician: $64,000
Miami Ultrasound Technician: $67,000
Orlando Ultrasound Technician: $61,000
Port St. Lucie Ultrasound Technician: $59,000
St. Petersburg Ultrasound Technician: $63,000
Tallahassee Ultrasound Technician: $62,000
Tampa Ultrasound Technician: $63,000
Florida Sonography Continuing Education
If you do make the decision to become a certified sonographer in Florida, you will need to complete 30 continuing education credit hours every three years to maintain your certification.
California Sonographer responsibilities
- Create work schedules for others
- Keep records for patients
- Properly use equipment related to sonography
- Review the purchase of sonography equipment
- Discuss ultrasound procedures with patients
- Adjust equipment and keep it in good working condition
- Head up the diagnostic imaging department
- Decide upon the best sonographic images to present to the doctor
- Tell patients what they can do to expedite the sonogram procedure
Ultrasound Technologist Schools in Florida
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography, AS
Keiser University offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to all its students and alumni.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Cardiac
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - General
- Bonita Springs
- Port Charlotte
- A.S. - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Southwest Florida College is listening to employers and striving to embrace what they say are the skills that students need upon graduating.
- New Port Richey
- AS in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to start a rewarding career in growing occupations such as practical nursing, emergency medical services, medical assisting, massage therapy, and pharmacy technology.