HIT Salary in Louisiana - LA
Around Louisiana, health care providers such as CHRISTUS Schumpert Saint Mary Place, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, and Ochsner Medical Center, are converting their patient’s paper records into electronic record keeping systems. In September 2010 Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum received $768,000 of a $20 million federal award to support the transition to Health information technology (HIT) according to a government press release. This transition will require many new employees trained as registered health information technicians (RHIT). The job outlook for this career is expected to be good as more conversions take place.
The health information technology salary in Louisiana has a mid range of $40,000 annually. There are various positions and levels of responsibility that will increase your salary with the right education and training. Major facilities in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport are a good place to start your job search. Some of the current postings include the following examples as reported by indeed.com:
- Louisiana Department of State Civil Service – Alexandria RHIT $43,909
- Baton Rouge General- Baton Rouge RHIT Senior Coding Specialist
- One Source Health Careers - New Orleans RHIT
- Employment Empire - Baton Rouge Health Information $34,370
- New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport Health Information Reviewer Specialist