Becoming a Chiropractor in South Carolina - SC
How to Become a Chiropractor in South Carolina
In South Carolina, The South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulations oversees the licensure and practice of chiropractic physicians. Licensure is required in South Carolina to practice chiropractic medicine, and the following requirements must be met in order to become a chiropractor in South Carolina:
- Candidates must graduate with a degree from an educational institution that has been accredited by the Council of Chiropractic Medicine
- Have successfully passed parts I – IV of the National Board of Chiropractic Examinations
- Pay necessary fees for licensing and examinations
- Submit a certified copy of their pre-professional education transcripts
- Submit a certified copy of their chiropractic college transcript
- Submit one passport photo
- Pass an examination in South Carolina statutes and ethics
- Every two years complete 24 hours of approved continuing education
South Carolina establishes rigorous guidelines for licensure to ensure excellence in practice standards and also to ensure consumer protection.
Individuals who have licenses in other states may apply for licenses in South Carolina These out of state chiropractors should contact the South Carolina Board of Chiropractic Medicine directly for specific details in requirement modifications.