Kansas Pharmacy Tech Certificate – KS
How to Become a Pharmacy Technician in Kansas
- Graduate from high school with your diploma, or receive your GED.
- In the state of Kansas, pharmacy technician certification programs are available through online schools and campus-based institutions. You will be trained in customer service, measuring dosages of medications, preparing medications, filling out administrative forms
- Although national certification is not required for all pharmacy technician positions within the state of Kansas, the Kansas Pharmacist Association suggests that all pharmacy technicians become nationally certified. There are a few options for certification:
One option for certification is the ExCPT (Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians). This multiple-choice, two-hour exam is given in various locations. To find one near you, contact:
Inst. for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians
2536 S Old Hwy 94, Suite 224
St. Charles, MO 63303
One may also take the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination. This multiple-choice, two hour exam is given at over 200 test center locations across the United States by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Locations can be found through:
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
2215 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington DC 20037-2985
- Some employers will recognize 1500 hours or more of experience working in a Kansas pharmacy either as an aide or a clerk typist in lieu of certification.
- Pharmacy technicians working within the state of Kansas must be registered with the Kansas State Board of Pharmacy. This involves filling out a form (which can be found at: www.kansas.gov/pharmacy/New%20Applications%2008%20&%20After/App%20for %20Technicians.pdf ) which will ask about any criminal history and require you to pay afee of $25.
- Pharmacy technicians in Kansas must renew their registration with the Kansas State Board of Pharmacy every two years. The renewal form is mailed to registered pharmacy technicians in the state. The fee for renewal is also $25.