Ultrasound Tech Salary in Louisiana - LA
Louisiana Ultrasound Technician/Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Salary
The national hourly mean for this occupation is $30.12, which calculates to an annual mean salary of $62,660. The average annual mean for Louisiana is $57,890, according to the Louisiana Workforce Commission. Even though this is below the national average, an experienced ultrasound technician salary average is $65,710 in the state of Louisiana. Also, ultrasound technicians will find that specializing in an area of medical sonography can increase average salary figures.
The following listing is sorted by metro areas and reflects the 2008 ultrasound tech salary in that area.
- Lake Charles, Louisiana: $53,490
- Alexandria, Louisiana: $52,110
- Shreveport, Louisiana: $60,260
- Monroe, Louisiana: $61,770
- New Orleans, Louisiana: $59,160
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana: $56,900
- Lafayette, Louisiana: $57,490
Professional Organizations for Ultrasound Technician/Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in the State of Louisiana
Louisiana does not have a formal state professional association for ultrasound technology/diagnostic medical sonography. However, the following are two examples of national member associations for this professional occupation.
- The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS): This is a member-based professional organization. The focus of this group is to provide and oversee educational programs and information through journals and newsletters for its members, along with encouraging research to advance the science of medical sonography.
- The American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM): This is also a member-based professional organization. Their mission is provide the most current information regarding skill training for its members. They accomplish this by established committees, which address the needs of the organization, as well as the educational needs of the profession.