How to Become a Massage Therapist in North Dakota - ND
How to Become a Massage Therapist in North Dakota
According to the North Dakota Board of Massage website, any person who is “eighteen years of age or more, a high school graduate or legal equivalent, and of good moral character and temperate habits” is entitled to apply for North Dakota massage therapy certification through the North Dakota Board of Massage.www.ndboardofmassage.com
North Dakota requires an applicant for a massage therapy license to pass both the National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork examination as well as the North Dakota Massage Board exam.
The process is as follows:
- Find a National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCETMB) assigned school in North Dakota.
- Complete 750 cumulative hours of instruction. The seven hundred fifty total hours must include at least 450 hours of classroom instruction time.Apply for certification with the NCETMB. The fee is $220
- Pass the NCETMB examination
- Pass the State examination for massage therapists
- In order to be licensed as a massage therapist in North Dakota, you must pass both national and state exams and demonstrate competency.
- Complete and submit an application for state licensing along with the accompanying affidavits and any other required paperwork to the North Dakota State Board of Massage. The application fee for the North Dakota State Board of Massage is $150.
Upon approval you will be able to practice massage therapy in North Dakota. For more detailed information, please contact:
North Dakota State Board of Massage
P.O. Box 218
Beach, ND 58621
Ph: (701) 872-4895