Learn Massage Therapy in Ohio - OH
By an allied health world contributing writer
Find a school now
Massage Therapy Training in Ohio
- You must first have earned a high school education and possess a diploma or GED before you can begin massage therapy training in Ohio. Your high school education is a foundation to all the important information you will learn in massage therapy school.
- It is a great idea to experience massage first hand before locking in to the profession with schooling. You will experience the benefits of massage and may pick up some ideas of how you would seek out the profession for yourself down the road. There are many possible pathways in which you can practice massage, called modalities, and you can learn about the different types of massage through the experience of massage as well.
- Before beginning any coursework in Massage Therapy, the state of Ohio requires that you submit a preliminary education application. By doing so you will be granted a certificate, which gives you the right to take massage therapy coursework. It is very important to follow this step since, if you do not, any coursework or clinical time you have accumulated will not count towards the requirements for license within the state of Ohio.
- Next, determine some of the specific types, or modalities, of massage you want to focus in on and find programs that will enable you to learn the most about those areas. Your education as a massage therapist will include an overview of many different modalities. As well you will learn about the complicated systems of the human body and will be expected to have a clear understanding of each of them.
Ohio Massage Therapy Associations
The American Massage Therapy Association Ohio Chapter is dedicated to providing professional training and growth opportunities for the members of its organization.
American Massage Therapy Association of Ohio
3830 Woodridge Blvd, Suite A
Fairfield, OH 45014
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) is the leading national organization for massage therapy, which works to promote training and skill within the profession. It is the main governing organization for most licensed professionals but the state medical board of Ohio has the ultimate decision if there is discrepancy in any rules.
1901 South Meyers Rd, Suite 240
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Massage Therapy Schools in Ohio
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Miami-Jacobs Career College (MJCC) can help get you from here to a new career!
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Massage Therapy
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Massage Therapy