Nevada Pharmacy Tech Certificate – NV
Steps to Becoming a Pharmacy Technician in Nevada
1. You must first meet all of the following:
- An applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma, of the equivalent
- No felony convictions, or misdemeanors that involve the unlawful possession, use and or sale of drugs
- Can’t have any history of substance/drug abuse
2. If you meet all of the above criteria, then your second step is to find a Nevada pharmacy technician certification program that fits your schedule and most importantly one that will satisfy all of the requirements necessary to become a certified pharmacy technician in the state of Nevada. Aspiring pharmacy technicians in Nevada have the option of either online or campus-based schooling.
There are six-month certification programs that are fast and easy, and will help you pass the state board exams. Although if you complete a one year program, or a two year associate’s degree program, your chances of being hired in a busy successful pharmacy will increase by a large percentage.
Search for certification programs in local community colleges, trade schools, vocational and tech schools, and if you can afford the tuition, or qualify for financial aid, the best place to receive a degree from is always a university.
3. After you have successfully completed a certification program, there are many different options for you to become a certified pharmacy technician in the state of Nevada.
- Log 1,500 hours of formal training as a pharmacy technician under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Successfully passing the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board’s) national exam
- Successfully graduating from a school that is accredited by the ASHP (American Society of Healthsystem Pharmacists)
- You can become licensed or registered as a pharmacy technician in any state that licenses and or registers pharmacy technicians, and it will be recognized in Nevada, there may be some restrictions when it comes to details of acceptance, research this link to find out more, http://bop.nv.gov/Licensees_Applicants.htm
There are plenty of online study guides you can access online that are very helpful in preparing you for the PTCB national exam, which is by far the most widely recognized certification and most common among the Pharmacy Technician community.
4. After you have passed the exam or exams of your choice to become a certified pharmacy technician in the state of Nevada, you can submit your Pharmacy Technician Registration application to the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy, and it will get processed. After all of these steps have been completed, you will officially be certified in the state of Nevada as a Pharmacy Technician.