Salary for a Registered Nurse in New York - NY
New York Registered Nurses Salaries
The pay for registered nurses in New York State is one of the five highest in the country. Whereas mean hourly wage nationally is $31.31, the mean hourly wage of the 168,850 registered nurses in New York is $35.17; and as compared to the mean annual wage nationally of $65,130, the mean annual wage in New York State is $73,160. Average salaries are different across the state but are highest in the New York City metropolitan area.
Here are the statistics for cities in New York for number of registered nurses, average hourly pay, and average annual pay in each urban area:
- Albany-Schenectady-Troy, New York RN Salary range: 8,810; $28.58; $59,450
- Binghamton, New York RN Salary range: 2,360; $26.58; $55,280
- Buffalo-Niagara Falls, New York RN Salary ranges: 11,470; $28.16; $58,570
- New York-White Plains-Wayne, New York RN Salary ranges: 97,790; $39.56; $82,290
- Rochester, New York RN Salary range: 10,300; $28.19; $58,630
- Syracuse, New York RN Salary range: 5,730 $26.59 $26.97 $56,110 1.3 %
Employment figures are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.