North Dakota Occupational Therapist School
By Laura Wrede, allied health world contributing writer
Find a school now
Steps to Become an Occupational Therapist in North Dakota
Step 1- Seeking an approved Masters Degree through one of the North Dakota occupational therapy schools or online programs will constitute your educational requirements in North Dakota. In times past, one could work in this field with an undergraduate degree, however, that is not the case now. The program you will enter must be an accredited college or university.
Step 2- the next step in your career path after you have received your Master’s Degree will be obtaining certification from the Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). The process for certification is broken down as follows:
- Apply for your test.
- Pay the appropriate amount for testing.
- Practice for your exam. You will find material available to assist you in memorizing and knowing the testing material.
- Take your exam.
- Wait for the results- approximately 14 business days.
Step 3- Apply to the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department (NMRLD) for your state exam and license.
License for Occupational Therapists in North Dakota
North Dakota licensing is mandatory and is against the law to practice in North Dakota without it. A passing grade on a national test is one of the prerequisites to receive your license. Once you have completed your exam and tender your submission to the North Dakota Board Occupational Therapy Practice your license number will be issued in about fourteen days.
Occupational Therapy Schools in North dakota
We currently do not have any matching schools. However, the following online listings are also options for you:
- Counseling Psychology(EdD) (Online)
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its seven colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences, Undergraduate Studies, The Art Institute of California and Western State College of Law as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Fort Lauderdale
- Military Physical Assistant Prerequisite Program
- BS in Psychology - Substance Abuse
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- M.S. in Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision - Forensic Mental Health Counseling
- M.S. in Mental Health Counseling - Trauma and Crisis Counseling
- Post-Masters Cert: Exercise Science and Health Promotion: Rehabilitation Science
- MS: Exercise Science and Health Promotion: Rehabilitation Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Counseling
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania.