North Dakota Pharmacy Tech Certificate – ND
Steps to Become a Pharmacy Technician in North Dakota
- High school students planning to enroll in a pharmacy technician program in college should take algebra and chemistry while in high school.
- North Dakota pharmacy technician certification programs provide the training employers are coming to expect. It is recommended you obtain formal training, as this will make it easier to ace national certification exams and get hired as a pharmacy tech within the state. Upon graduation from an online North Dakota pharmacy technician certification program, students will usually earn a Certificate or an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Pharmacy Technician.
- Take the exam to become nationally certified. There are two exams that qualify for certification and are recognized by North Dakota. These are:
- The National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
2215 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington DC 20037-2985
- The ExCPT (Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians)
Inst. for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians
2536 S Old Hwy 94, Suite 224
St. Charles, MO 63303
- Look for work as a pharmacy tech in North Dakota once you obtain your certification. You must be employed as either clerical personnel or a pharmacy tech for at least a year before registering with the state.
- After a year of working as a pharmacy tech in North Dakota, register with the state. The registration form is at www.nodakpharmacy.com/pdfs/RegTech.pdf . It should be sent along with a recent 3” x5” photo of yourself and a $35 application fee to:
North Dakota State Board of Pharmacy
P. O. Box 1354
Bismarck, ND 58502-1354
6. Once your registration with the state is approved, you must re-register yearly. Also make sure to display your certificate and registration card at all times at your place of employment in North Dakota.www.pearsonvue.com/ptcb