Nurse Informatics Certification
Nursing Informatics Certification
To enter a nursing informatics program, an individual must have their registered nurse (RN) credential. To obtain an RN, one must pass the NCLEX board exam. This exam is an all inclusive, cumulative nursing background analysis. The goal of the exam is to verify RN candidates have a thorough understanding of the whole umbrella of patient care and nurse responsibilities. Most nursing informatics professionals maintain their nursing license throughout their career to maintain credibility and marketability.
What professional organizations exist for professionals in this field?
- CARING Nursing Informatics Organization – This organization is for nursing informatics professionals and its mission is to increase the quality of healthcare through the implementation of technology.
- American Nursing Informatics Association – This is a group started in Southern California, that is dedicated to the advancement and networking of the profession of informatics nurses.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center – This organization credentials nurses and has a nursing informatics specific certification.
- Healthcare Information Management and Information Systems Society – This organization is focused on providing global leadership to use healthcare IT in the most optimal manner.
- American Medical Informatics Association – is known as the professional home for informatics and is devoted to better incorporating technology to improve healthcare and nursing processes.