Become a Dental Assistant in Ohio - OH
To become a registered dental assistant in Ohio, according to the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.:
- The dental assistant must qualify as what is called an Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary (EFDA). This means the person must pass an EFDA training course as well as an exam given by the Commission on Dental Testing in Ohio (CODT).
- The person must also be certified in CPR.
- The dental assistant applicant must also apply to the Ohio State Dental Board for registration. The application fee is currently $20.
- The applicant must also submit proof that he or she has been immunized against Hepatitis B. The Ohio State Dental Board contact information is above.
- The Ohio State Dental Board goes on to say that an accredited program for an EFDA such as through the Commission on Dental Accreditation, is required. See http://www.dental.ohio.gov/licensinginfo.stm#efda.
For the Dental Assisting National Board contact information, see below:
Dental Assisting National Board
444 N. Ohio Ave.
Chicago, Il 60611
Telephone: (800) FOR-DANB
Fax: (312) 642-8507
To obtain a license through CODA (the body that gives examinations), and to renew a license annually through the Commission on Dental Accreditation, contact:
Commission on Ohio Dental Assistants Certification, Inc.
1501 Centerview Dr.
Copley, OH 44321-1901