Occupational Therapy Schools in Oregon - OR
By Laura Wrede, allied health world contributing writer
Find a school now
Steps to Become an Occupational Therapist in Oregon
Step 1- Your first step in pursuing your career is your education. It is now mandatory for an Occupational Therapist to enter and complete a Masters degree. In Oregon, occupational therapy schools offer this degree, and as a rule are deemed to be accredited educational institutions of higher learning.
Step 2- After you have graduated and completed your initial schooling, you need to contact the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). The procedure to achieve your certification will be the following:
- Submit an application for your examination.
- Pay the fees listed on the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy fee chart.
- Practice using the material that is supplied by the NBCOT preparation exam. You will locate information also obtainable on the NBCOT website
- Take the exam and then you will need to wait for the outcome before you proceed with the next step.
Step 3- Apply to the Oregon Occupational Therapy Licensing Board for your license to practice in the state.
Oregon offers the Occupational Therapist a wealth of resources from the Occupational Therapy Association of Oregon. You may find the assistance and material helpful not only as you pursue your education, but also as a continuing source throughout your career.
There is a membership fee of $30 while you are a student and $70 a year as a licensed OT.
Occupational Therapy Schools in Oregon
- Physical Therapist Assistant
Ready for a rewarding career in healthcare? Carrington College™ can help.
- Counseling Psychology (EdD)
- Counseling Psychology (MA)
- Clinical Psychology (MA)
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its seven colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences, Undergraduate Studies, The Art Institute of California and Western State College of Law as well as certificate programs in many areas.