Pediatric Nurse Annual Salary Massachusetts - MA
The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing reports that in 2009, there were 5972 licensed RN/NPs (registered nurse/nurse practitioners) in the commonwealth. This number is not broken down further into specialties such as pediatric nurse pactitioner (PNP). Statistics are held, however, on the average pediatric nurse salary in Massachusetts. If one goes by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) figures, the average registered nurse salary in Massachusetts is reported as $81,780. Nursing salaries for PNPs tend to be higher than that of RNs, although the BLS does not list PNPs separately from RNs. Indeed.com lists the average PNP salary in Massachusetts at a more believable $112,000 per year.
Position openings for pediatric nurse practitioners exist all over Massachusetts in cities like Boston, Cambridge, Springfield, Lowell and Worcester. PNPs find jobs in various medical settings, including hospitals such as Winchester Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Marlborough Hospital and Harvard Medical School; as well as in private or group practices, schools, public and/or community health, and private industry. Within Massachusetts, indeed.com currently lists the following job possibilities for pediatric nurse practitioners:
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – Children’s Hospital, Boston
- Pediatric Endocrinology Nurse Practitioner – Baystate Health, Springfield
- Pediatric Neuromuscular Nurse Practitioner – Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – Neighborhood Health Plan, Springfield and Boston
* These currently open positions are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute any type of job offer.