Pediatric Nurse Salary in Texas - TX
Nursing graduate students who practice as pediatric nurse practitioners (PNPs) in Texas can expect to earn average annual salaries ranging from $74,000 to $97,000. Additional factors prompt wider ranges in annual salaries with a spread from $58,000 to $101,000, according to Indeed.com, as of February 2011.
Pediatric nurse practitioners earn more than general pediatric nurses do. Years of experience and level of training, along with type of facility and its location, further affect exact salaries received by the respective PN or PNP.
February 2011 salary figures displayed at Indeed.com for cities in Texas highlighted the differences between BS level pediatric nurses and graduate-level trained pediatric nurse practitioners:
- Amarillo: $51,000-PN $89,000-PNP
- Arlington: $58,000-PN $101,000-PNP
- Austin: $53,000-PN $93,000-PNP
- Corpus Christi: $58,000-PN $102,000-PNP
- Dallas: $58,000-PN $101,000-PNP
- El Paso: $47,000-PN $83,000-PNP
- Fort Worth: $52,000-PN $91,000-PNP
- Houston: $58,000-PN $101,000-PNP
- Laredo: $57,000-PN $100,000-PNP
- Lubbock: $48,000-PN $84,000-PNP
- Plano: $58,000-PN $101,000-PNP
Upon consideration of a PN’s annual salary of $47,000 in El Paso, compared to an annual salary of $102,000 for a pediatric critical care NP in Corpus Christi, it’s easy to see how location as well as higher education create major differences in earning power.