Radiology Technician College Through Military Education Benefits
Radiology Technician Training Through the Montgomery GI BillYour education toward becoming a civilian x-ray technologist can be 100 percent free through the Montgomery GI Bill. To utilize this program, you will want to make sure of certain things:
- Before you commence with your service in a certain branch of the military, you will want to find out as much as you can from recruiters about their respective branch’s educational benefits. Have members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard provide you with information on how the GI Bill works within their particular branch. The odds are strong that certain branches will afford you more benefits to begin or continue your education than other branches.
- Once you select a branch of the military for which to serve, thoroughly review your contract for enlistment to make certain that you will be able to utilize the GI Bill when you would like to do so. For a small monthly payment during your first year of military service, you should be able to use the GI Bill at a later point (more on this in the next section). The GI Bill will pay for up to four years of education toward x-ray technology.
Once you are eligible to receive GI Bill benefits, here is how to go about getting radiology technician training through the Montgomery GI Bill.
- Select from colleges or radiology technician schools that presents the opportunity to earn a degree in x-ray technology by making sure that it offers the appropriate program. You can verify this information by going to the Veterans Administration’s Web site, or by corresponding with a representative at the school who works in the financial aid department.
- Fill out the application for the Montgomery GI Bill. This application can be found via three different routes:
- Online at the Web site of the Veterans Administration.
- Via phone at (888) GIBILL-1.
- Via a Veterans Administration official who works at the school of your choosing.
If you’re having a difficult time deciding which school is right for you, the good news is that you don’t have to know before filling out a GI Bill application. Once you complete the application and are approved for the program, you will be reimbursed for all fees that are related to the x-ray technology program.