Become a Vet Tech in South Dakota
How to Become a Veterinary Technician in South Dakota
The following list is required for registration as a veterinary technician with the state of South Dakota.
- Documentation of approved high school coursework.
- Submit 2 affidavits from individuals indicating good moral character. This cannot be from your immediate family.
- Successfully graduated from one of the accredited South Dakota vet tech programs.
- One must complete the registration form; obtain a signed certificate by the director of the veterinary technician program indicating completion, a photo ID, along with the application fee of $20. On a side note, a licensed South Dakota veterinarian must complete a registration form indicating request for registration, as well.
- Successfully passed the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE). The score must be transferred by the appropriate reporting services.
- After all of the above requirements have been submitted and completed, one must schedule an interview with the South Dakota Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.
At this point, one is now ready to practice as a registered veterinary technician in the state of South Dakota.
South Dakota Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
411 S Fort St, Pierre, SD 57501-4503
Phone: (605) 773-3321
Fax: (605) 773-5459