Substance Abuse Counselor Training in South Carolina - SC
In South Carolina, training and education are the two most important pieces to establishing yourself as a substance abuse counselor. Education gives you the backbone of knowledge that you need to begin working clinically. Training gives you the edge of learning from fellow counselors. These two pieces together can help you build a successful career and reputation as a substance abuse counselor in South Carolina.
In South Carolina, a bachelor degree is the minimum requirement for substance abuse professionals. Some of the courses you will be taking as a part of this degree program include:
- Theories of Psychotherapy
- Life Planning and Career Development
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Familial and Social Interaction
- Chemical Dependency
The next step is to complete substance abuse counselor training in South Carolina. This is supervised hands-on training that will give you the opportunity to learn things like:
- How to effectively diagnose and assess patients
- How to treat patients according to their level of dependency
- How to identify the need for intervention
- How to help patients solve their chemical dependency issues
Through online and campus-based programs, potential substance abuse counselors in Columbia, Charleston, North Charleston, and Greenville, South Carolina will be ideally prepared for innovative careers with some of the most recognized medical facilities in the state, including Roper Hospital, Palmetto Health, Providence Hospital, and Medical University of South Carolina.