Substance Abuse Counselor Training in Wyoming - WY
Substance abuse counselor training in Wyoming is a significant remedy to a very prevalent affliction in the United States, addiction. Based on DEA statistics, Wyoming has had a steady growth of substance abuse admissions since 2003. This rise in patient care associated with substance abuse provides a need for individuals to pursue substance abuse counseling training in Wyoming. In order to meet the training requirements established by the Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board, students obtain training through internships, volunteering, and university or online course work. Although training programs at accredited educational institutions vary, some job skills and duties that are emphasized in many Wyoming programs are:
- Having a desire to help people in need.
- Displaying strong listening and communication skills.
- High level of energy, both physically and emotionally
- Compassion for their patients
- Design individual treatment plans for their patients.
- Patient screenings, assessments, referrals, interventions, and discharge planning
- Collaborating a program for follow-up care.
Mastery of these important skills through diligent training may aid in success as a substance abuse counselor in Wyoming. Hospitals in the state that offer practicum placement for aspiring substance abuse counselors include Campbell County Memorial Hospital, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, Saint John's Medical Center and Wyoming Medical Center.