Washington Medical Lab Technician Salaries
Medical Laboratory Tech Salaries in Washington
Currently, the average yearly salary for medical laboratory technicians in Washington is $42,000, according to Indeed.com. In 2008, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported the salary for medical techs in Washington at $37,860. Medical technicians that earn higher salaries usually have more experience and education. Here are salary figures for major cities in Washington.
- Bellevue, Washington medical laboratory technician salary- $40,000
- Everett, Washington medical laboratory technician salary - $41,000
- Olympia, Washington medical laboratory technician salary - $38,000
- Seattle, Washington medical laboratory technician salary - $40,000
- Spokane, Washington medical laboratory technician salary - $42,000
- Tacoma, Washington medical laboratory technician salary - $38,000
- Walla Walla, Washington medical laboratory technician salary - $45,000
Professional Organizations for Medical Technicians in Washington
The American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science has a chapter affiliate in Washington state. Medical techs will find ASCLS a beneficial resource to their professional development. ASCLS is an advocacy organization that promotes the values of the profession. Medical techs may find it advantageous to join as there are discounts on continuing education fees for members. Additionally, there may be scholarships available to student members from time to time.
Washington has a state affiliate of the ASCLS. Joining is an opportunity for members in the state to network. Washington ASCLS provides professional development opportunities for medical laboratory techs in the field. The website for ASCLS-Washington is http://www.asclswa.org/.
American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
6701 Democracy Boulevard, Suite 300
Bethesda, Maryland 20817