Become a Personal Trainer in Washington - WA
How to become a Personal Trainer in Washington
- Be committed to your own personal fitness regime and be willing to demonstrate this same commitment to your clients.
- Explore the online and campus-based schools to determine which Washington personal trainer certification program will best cover your needs.
- Enroll in and complete the course at a local campus-based school or on-line personal training program.
- Complete the study program and successfully pass the exam given by the agency you selected.
- Pursue your career as a Personal Trainer either on a full-time basis with a health club or gym or develop your own independent business.
There are a number of ways to pursue a career as a Personal Trainer in the state of Washington. The goal you have in mind is a critical factor. Is your goal to work for a successful gym or health club? Perhaps your goal is to start your own Personal Training business. Your goal and your needs regarding location, investment of time and money, and availability are large determinants.
If time is of the essence you can enroll in on-line programs that can be completed for basic certification in a few months. If you are not under tight time and money constraints you can enroll in more in-depth studies offering a higher level of certification in a more traditional education setting that will take a longer time to complete. The level of certification you attain does influence the amount of money you can make as well as your desirability as a staff member at a gym or health club and your ability to establish yourself as an expert in the field. The cost of these programs can range from $300 to $800. There are dozens of organizations that offer national certification for Personal Trainers. However, the National Commission of Certifying Agencies accredits only eight. These eight carry more weight in this field because they verify the hands-on training and participation in training workshops by the applicant.