Wyoming Occupational Therapist School
By Allison Skoglind, allied health world contributing writer
Find a school now
Steps to Become an Occupational Therapist in Wyoming
- Enroll in and successfully complete formal education through either online programs or Wyoming occupational therapy schools. OTs generally enter into the field with a bachelor’s, a master’s, or doctorate degree in OT. All programs must be accredited and meet the approval of the Wyoming Board of Occupational Therapy (WBOT). All programs must include a supervised clinical internship as part of the curriculum.
- Successfully pass a national occupational therapy competency examination to get certified. This examination is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). An entry-level, post-baccalaureate in occupational therapy is needed to qualify for examination. Go to the NBCOT website and download, complete and submit an “Occupational Therapist Eligibility Determination” application. The application fee is $500. After application is approved, and the examination is passed, OTs are awarded the title of certified occupational therapist or registered occupational therapist.
- After acquiring professional certification, occupational therapists in Wyoming must get licensed through the WBOT. Occupational therapists cannot legally practice in Wyoming without a license. To do this, applicants must obtain an “Application for Licensure” form from the WBOT website. This form will ask personal identifying information, current employment information, employment history details, education history, and includes a short questionnaire. Applicants must also show proof of any other active or inactive healthcare licenses, if any. Also, applicants must provide proof of NBCOT certification. Furthermore, WBOT requests 2 reference letters confirming professional and ethical aptitude. Lastly, an application of $125 and a license fee of $100 is also required. The license is valid until July 31st of every year, regardless of the date of license granted.
Occupational Therapy Schools in Wyoming
We currently do not have any matching schools. However, the following online listings are also options for you:
Select Campus Type : Enter Zip :
This list also contains online schools that accept students from Wyoming
Matching School Ads
- Fort Lauderdale
- Military Physical Assistant Prerequisite Program
- BS in Psychology - Substance Abuse
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
- MSc in Mental Health Psychology
Quick Summary: Want to study at a UK university without leaving your house? The University of Liverpool offers online Masters and Doctoral programmes.
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Specialist
Quick Summary: Earn Your Diploma from Home!
- M.S. in Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision - Forensic Mental Health Counseling
- M.S. in Mental Health Counseling - Trauma and Crisis Counseling
Quick Summary: Earn a respected bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D. online at Walden University.
Matching School Ads