How to Become an Ultrasound Tech in Florida – FL
There are many talents that sonographers are expected to have in the Sunshine State, including the ability to:
- turn, lift, and assist patients in other ways during procedures.
- give patients peace of mind during procedures.
- interact and speak with patients well.
- pay attention to important details and accurately record them.
- understand complex diagnostic equipment and operate it successfully.
The become an ultrasound technician in Florida, there are a standard set of education requirements for sonographers, but if you would like to find a good-paying job in the field, there are certain steps that you should take before submitting applications. These steps of how to become an ultrasound technician in Florida include:
- Getting your high school diploma or GED.
- Getting involved in an ultrasound technician career program. Choose the field in sonography that most appeals to you and that has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Obtaining in-person, hands-on training in a sonography program via a vocational school, technical school, two-year college or university program, four-year college or university program, or a branch of the military. Enrolling in and completing one of these programs will be necessary in order for you to be hired at most private sonography practices in Florida.
- Although it is not required in Florida, receive certification via the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Your ability to earn a high salary will go up if you are accredited through this organization.