MRI Technician Training in California - CA
Typical Steps for MRI Technician Training in California
- Graduate from high school with your diploma or earn your GED.
- Enroll in an accredited school with an approved training program in radiologic technology. Such a program should take about two years to complete.
- Enroll in a school in California that offers MRI technician training programs. This program does not need to be accredited, as in the state of California, MRI programs do not require accreditation. This should take approximately another year to complete.
- Become certified in Radiologic Technology by the ARRT, through taking and passing a national examination. These are offered at Pearson VUE testing centers across the country, including at the following cities in California: Fresno, San Jose, Sacramento, Roseville and Oakland. You can register for the exam at www.arrt.org.
- Pass the ARRT's national certification test to become certified in MRI technology. This is given by Pearson VUE locations in Fresno, San Jose, Sacramento, Roseville and Oakland. Application information for the exam can be found at www.arrt.org.
- Apply for certification in Radiologic Technology from the state of California. The application should be available at www.cdph.ca.gov/pubsforms/forms/CtrldForms/cdph8200.pdf. The completed application, along with the necessary application fee, should be mailed to:
California Department of Public Health
Radiologic Health Branch, MS 7610
Accounts Receivable and Cashiering Unit
P.O. Box 997414
Sacramento, CA 95899-7414