Exercise Science Salary in New Jersey - NJ
New Jersey students who are studying exercise science will be happy to learn that the exercise science salary in New Jersey, for fitness trainers and aerobics instructors, is among the highest in the nation, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). New Jersey is the fourth highest-paying state for these professionals, who earn an annual income averaging $42,400. This figure is $7000 above the national average for fitness trainers and aerobics instructors. Of course, as there are many different career options within the field of exercise science, there are many divergent salaries.
The annual pay for other careers in exercise science in New Jersey should make students smile as well. The BLS reports the following annual salary statistics for these careers in the discipline of exercise science:
- Physical therapist: $83,780
- Occupational therapist: $80,030
- Secondary school physical education teacher: $65,420
- Middle school physical education teacher: $62,060
- Elementary school physical education teacher: $60,860
- Exercise physiologist: $59,580
- Kindergarten physical education teacher: $59,210
- Recreation and fitness postsecondary teacher: $58,980
- Recreational therapist: $47,520
Typically, careers in exercise science that require more schooling or a graduate degree will pay more than careers requiring an undergraduate degree or a certificate. Additionally, some professions require professional certification, or may pay professionals who have certification more over those who do not possess certification.