Florida Pharmacy Tech Certificate – FL
Steps to becoming a Pharmacy Technician in Florida:
1. The first step is to find a school, community college, or university in Florida or online with the right Pharmacy Technician certification program for you. There are a number of ways you can go about getting your education and training. There are 6 month, 1 year, and 2 year programs. You can choose one or a combination of the following:
- Graduate from a board approved Florida pharmacy technician certification program.
- Log 1500 hours of pharmacy tech work experience under the supervision of a licensed pharmacy.
- Get certified through an organization that is recognized by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, like the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), or the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT).
2. After you have completed your formal training program to become a Pharmacy Technician in Florida, you must register with the Florida Board of Pharmacy, and pass their exam. As of Jan. 10th, 2010, anyone who wants to work as a Pharmacy Technician in Florida will need to maintain current certification with the Board of Pharmacy. The fee for the exam is $129.00 and you must register for it at least two months before the test date. After you have passed the exam you will need to submit the following:
- Pharmacy Technician Registration Application
- Minimum non-refundable fee of $105.00
- A copy of your certification from a Board approved pharmacy technician training program.
3. After you have finished your Florida Pharmacy Technician certification program, your work experience training, and passed the Florida State Board of Pharmacy’s exam, your application will be processed, and you will be certified and licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the state of Florida.