Health Information Technology Certification in Kentucky - KY
Health information technology is one of the fastest growing disciplines in health care. As companies move from paper records to digital, registered health information technicians (RHIT) are in high demand. Health information technology certification in Kentucky offers you several options for certification. The health information technology degree is an associate’s degree qualifying you to apply for the RHIT certification. There are also stand-alone certification programs that take a year or less to complete and train you in areas such as coding and health information exchange.
The RHIT is becoming the standard in health information technology certification in Kentucky. This certificate is the one that many employers require because it assures them of your complete competency as a professional in the field. Degree programs for RHIT certification in Kentucky offer courses that prepare you in the following areas:
- Preparation for the RHIA Certification Exam
- Professional competencies fundamental to the health information management
- Self-directed learning skills using a variety of resources and technologies
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving
- Effective communication skills and professional development
Kentucky Health Information Management Association is a helpful resource for you no matter what stage of your career.