HIT Salary in Kansas - KS
When a patient called Steve Owens, University of Kansas (UK) Hospital cardiologist, with a question, it sometimes took as long as two days to actually obtain the patient’s chart, as reported in the University Daily Kansan. Now that has changed as the hospital at UK switched to electronic record keeping. This switch is taking place all over the state, creating many new opportunities in the new health information technology career field. Jobs are available in places like Wesley Medical Center, Via Christi Regional Medical Center, and Saint Francis Health Center with good starting salaries and excellent long-term employment prospects.
According to indeed.com the health information salary in Kansas, ranges from $30,000 for entry-level positions, up to $70,000 for certified, skilled workers. There are administrative positions available that are in the upper range and could even go higher than $70,000 depending on your education, experience, and your employer.
Here are a few examples of positions offered on indeed.com in the recent past throughout Kansas in the HIT field:
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) Olathe Health System - Olathe
- Health Information Administrator Employment Empire - Overland Park
- Medical Technologist Pratt Regional Medical Center – Pratt
- Coder Wesley Medical Center – Wichita
- HIM Coder Mercy Regional Health Center Inc – Manhattan
- HIM Memorial Home - Moundridge