Becoming a Chiropractor in Connecticut - CT
How to Become a Chiropractor in Connecticut
State of Connecticut Department of Public Health is responsible for the licensure requirements to becoming a chiropractor in Connecticut. To be eligible for Connecticut licensure and to practice as a chiropractor, all applicants must have completed at least sixty (60) semester hours of pre-professional college education and have graduated from a college of chiropractic accredited, at the time of graduation, by the Council on Chiropractic Education. Additionally, an applicant must have successfully passed Parts I, II, III, IV and the physiotherapy examinations administered by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
If an applicant has met all of the above specifications, then they can have the following documents submitted directly to Connecticut Department of Public Health:
- A completed, notarized application, which can be downloaded at http://www.ct.gov/dph/lib/dph/practitioner_licensing_and_investigations/plis/chiropractor/chiro_apponly.pdf,
- A fee of $565.00 via bank check or money order payable to Treasurer, State of Connecticut.
- An official transcript verifying 60 semester hours of pre-professional college education, sent directly from the school itself.
- An official transcript of chiropractic education, verifying the award of the Doctor of Chiropractic degree.
- An official report of National Board scores, sent directly from the examination service.
All supporting documents should be submitted directly from the source to:
Connecticut Department of Public Health
410 Capitol Ave., MS# 12 APP
P.O. Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134