Become a Psychologist in Tennessee - TN
Those interested in knowing how to become a psychologist in Tennessee should know that applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed application and application fee, which is non-refundable.
- Show proof of a doctoral degree in the field of psychology.
- Show proof of the successful completion of a qualifying internship program. The program must have been at least one year long and consisted of at least 1,900 hours in the field of psychology, and it must have been administered at a site that is part of an integrated, organized training program where health services are provided on a regular basis.
- Show proof of the satisfactory completion of a supervised postdoctoral experience. The applicant must have completed at least 1,900 hours of creditable experience under the supervision of a psychologist that has a title of health service psychologist (HSP).
- Show proof of the satisfactory completion of the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP). Applicants must score 70 percent or better on the written version of the EPPP, and must have a scaled score of 500 or better on the computerized version of the EPPP.
The application for licensure as a psychologist in Tennessee can be found at http://health.state.tn.us/Downloads/g4013177.pdf.