Become a Personal Trainer in Illnois - IL
How to Become a Personal Trainer in Illinois
1. Decide if you have what it takes to become a personal trainer. Personal trainers must be patient, nurturing, persistent, and organized in addition to having a love for physical activities and fitness. They must also be able to work nights and weekends.
2. Choose an online or campus-based Illinois personal trainer certification program. There are several training options for Illinois residents including certification schools, programs and online courses. It is also possible that local fitness centers offer their own certification instruction, so check with local gyms. Personal trainer certification can take anywhere from four weeks to six months to complete. Some personal trainers don’t even complete a class they just obtain study guides and take the certification exam. Most certification programs have the following requirements:
- 18 years of age;
- High school diploma of GED;
- CPR Certification;
- Physically fit;
3. Knowledge of exercise and fitness equipment.
4. Pass personal trainer certification exam or program.
5. Get a job as a personal trainer. Fitness clubs and gyms have the most readily available jobs to personal trainers. However, many personal trainers prefer to start their own business. Either way, the experience you gain at a club and working with other trainers will be beneficial.
6. Market yourself. Establish a core group of clients and have them help you get the word out about your personal training business.