Using the GI Bill to Become a Medical Office Assistant

The Montgomery GI Bill may be used to advance a career as a medical office assistant following military service. Here is how to use it:
  1. Prior to enlisting in the military, talk to a number of recruiters from each military branch in which you are interested in serving. Inquire about the possibilities for educational advancement following your career in the military. You will likely find that one branch will allow you more educational opportunities than another branch.
  2. Look over your contract for enlistment to make certain that the Montgomery GI Bill will be available to you in your post-military career. For a low fee per month during your first year of enlistment, the GI Bill will cover a maximum of four years of education toward becoming a medical office assistant.
It may be simpler than you think to use the GI Bill to become a medical office assistant once your military service is over. Here is how to use it:
  1. For whatever college or university that you would like to attend, make sure that it is GI Bill-friendly. You can verify this through the Web site of the Veterans Administration, or with a member of the school’s financial aid department.
  2. Fill out an application for the GI Bill. This can be found at the Web site of the Veterans Administration, at (888) GIBILL-1, or through a Veterans Administration official at the school that you would like to attend.
Please note that even if you are not sure about the school that you would like to attend to obtain a medical office assistant degree, you will still be eligible to fill out an application for the GI Bill. Once you are approved, you will receive an eligibility certificate. The GI Bill will cover all of your education-related expenses.
This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans benefits at http://www.va.gov.

Medical Assistant Schools