Ohio Surgical Technologist Salary - OH
Salaries for Surgical Tech’s in Ohio
In Ohio, the average surgical technologist earns a salary of $41,000 per year, which is greater than the average full-time worker in the United States. The reason that surgical technologists earn as much as they do is because they have numerous important tasks, including:
- Keeping operating rooms full of the necessary surgical tools and equipment.
- Making certain that equipment is safe and is functioning correctly.
- Getting patients ready for surgery.
- Disinfecting, washing, and shaving the appropriate parts of the patient’s body before the surgical procedure.
- Keeping abreast of the patient’s chart and vital signs before surgery begins.
- Getting nurses and doctors into their surgical uniforms.
- Giving the correct equipment and tools to nurses and doctors while surgery is taking place.
- Obtaining specimens and taking them to the lab.
- Getting the patient into the recovery room at the end of the surgical procedure.