Pennsylvania Surgical Technologist Salary - PA
Salaries for Surgical Tech’s in Pennsylvania
With indeed.com reporting that Pennsylvania’s surgical technologists earn an average annual salary of $40,000 – which is higher than the national average salary – a career in surgical technology in the Keystone State is a smart idea.
Here are some responsibilities in Pennsylvania of surgical technologists:
- Stock operating rooms with the appropriate equipment and tools prior to surgery
- Sterilize equipment and keep it in good working order
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures
- Shave, wash, and disinfect patients prior to surgery
- Read the patient’s chart and check his or her vital signs prior to surgery
- Help doctors and nurses into their gloves and gowns prior to surgery
- Hand doctors and nurses the appropriate tools and equipment during surgery
- Collect specimens and hand-deliver them to the appropriate laboratory
- Take the patient to the recovery room after surgery
- Restock the operating room after surgery
Pennsylvania’s Campus based programs, prepare the next generation of surgical techs in Pittsburgh, Allentown, Philadelphia and Erie, to take on successful careers at the best healthcare facilities in the state including the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Saint Luke's Hospitals and Temple University Hospital.