Pharmacy Technician Schools Using the Montgomery GI Bill | Tech Training | Courses

Pharmacy Tech School Through Military Education Benefits

Become a Pharmacy Technician Through the Montgomery GI Bill says that civilian pharmacy technicians are utilized in pharmacy hospitals, universities, clinics, stores, and pharmaceutical companies throughout the country. Their jobs are similar to what is required of them in the military, and their average annual salary ($46,000, says is just a slight drop-off from the average military wage (though this figure is still well above the national salary average).

Those interested in knowing how to become a pharmacy technician following (or during) their service in the military should note that the education is free through the Montgomery GI Bill. Here is what you need to know to attend pharmacy technician schools using the Montgomery GI Bill:

  1. Prior to the beginning of your Armed Forces service, call up recruiters from various military branches and find out what kind of educational incentives that each branch offers. There’s a good chance that a particular military branch will offer you more educational benefits than all of the other branches.
  2. Look over your enlistment contract once you decide on the branch of the military that you would like to serve. You will be looking to make sure that the GI Bill will be available to you. You will be able to take advantage of the GI Bill after a certain amount of military service as long as you provide a small monthly fee to your specified Armed Forces branch while you are in your first service year. You can receive as many as four years of free pharmacy technician schooling through the GI Bill.

When the GI Bill becomes available to you, you will need to do the following:

  1. Research pharmacy technician schools to find one that affords you the chance to obtain pharmacy technician certification through the GI Bill. You can make sure that the school of your choice offers such a program by speaking with a financial aid rep at the school or via the Web site for the Veterans Administration.
  2. Complete the GI Bill application, which can be obtained online via the Veterans Administration, via an official at your school who works in conjunction with the Veterans Administration, or by telephone at (888) GIBILL-1.

If you haven’t selected a school yet, not to worry: You can complete an application for the GI Bill anyway. You will be compensated for all pharmacy technician school-related fees once you are approved.



This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans benefits at
Our Partner Listings