Physician Assistant Training With Military Education Benefits

How to Use the GI Bill to Advance Physician’s Assistant Training

The good news for those who seek a physician’s assistant degree is that it is a field that is eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill. Here is how to attend physician assistant schools through the Montgomery GI Bill:
  1. Before you enlist in the U.S. Armed Forces, talk to several recruiters from the various military branches and inquire about educational possibilities that are provided by each branch. Some branches of the Armed Forces will offer you more financial incentives to enlist than other branches.
  2. Review your enlistment contract to be certain that you will be able to use the Montgomery GI Bill once your military service is complete. The GI Bill will allow you free education toward becoming a physician’s assistant for up to four years; the only catch is that you must provide your military branch with a small monthly fee during your first year of enlistment. Please note that you are likely participating in the GI Bill program if you are an active member of the U.S. Armed Forces.

By utilizing the GI Bill after your service, you can be on your way to becoming a physician’s assistant in the non-military world. Here’s how to do it:

  1. Pick a school that provides an acceptable physician assistant education, but also make sure that the school accepts the GI Bill. Seek confirmation from the Veterans Administration’s Web site, or speak with a financial aid employee at the school of your choice.
  2. Fill out a GI Bill application, which can be located at the Web site for the Veterans Administration, over the telephone at (888) GIBILL-1, or from the Veterans Administration representative at the school that you wish to attend.
  3. If you are uncertain as to the school that you would like to attend, you may still complete a GI Bill application. If you are eligible to use the GI Bill, you will receive a certificate of eligibility. The GI Bill will cover all of your educational fees toward becoming a physician’s assistant.

This is a private website that is not affiliated with the U.S. government, U.S. Armed Forces or Department of Veteran Affairs. U.S. government agencies have not reviewed this information. This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government web site for veterans benefits at http://www.va.gov.

Physician Assistant Schools