Radiology Technologist Salary in Maryland - MD
The U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that radiologic technology will continue to be among the fastest growing occupations requiring just an associate degree. Luckily for students interested in radiologic technology in Maryland, the Old Line State is the third-highest paying state in which radiologic technologists can work. The BLS says that the average radiologic technologist salary in Maryland is $65,820, or $31.64 per hour. It is also reported by the BLS that in May 2009, there were 4270 radiologic technologists and technicians employed in the state of Maryland.
Radiology technologist salaries differ depending upon where in Maryland one works. The BLS reports that radiologic technologists working in the Bethesda-Frederick-Gaithersburg metropolitan area earn an average yearly wage of $68,910 (or $33.13 hourly). Those employed in the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV metropolitan division bring home about $65,780 per year (or $31.62 per hour). Here are some more figures for average annual salaries earned by radiologic technologists working in some of Maryland’s cities:
- Baltimore-Towson: $64,260 annually/$30.89 per hour
- Cumberland: $46,890 annually/$22.54 per hour
- Hagerstown-Martinsburg MD-WV metropolitan area: $54,000 annually/$25.96 per hour
- Wilmington, DE-MD-NJ metropolitan area: $58,780 annually/$28.26 per hour
- Upper Eastern Shore nonmetropolitan area: $59,700 annually/$28.70 per hour