Average Salary for a Personal Trainer in Tennessee - TN
Tennessee Personal Trainer Salaries
The salaries of personal trainers, as well as fitness and aerobics instructors in general, have gone up with the demand for greater guidance in physical fitness. The mean annual wage for fitness trainers in Tennessee was about $30,500 in 2008, which greatly increased from $17,800 in 1999. In the past ten years, the salary for fitness instructors in Tennessee increased by about 6.4% annually, on average. Personal trainers tend to earn more than most other fitness and aerobics instructors, as can be seen by some of the annual salaries for physical trainers in some of the larger cities in Tennessee listed below. The average salary for personal trainers in Tennessee is about $54,000, which is slightly greater than the national average salary for the profession.
This salary is also comparable to most other Southeastern states. Only personal trainers in Mississippi earn significantly more. Again, these statistics are prone to error since most personal trainers also hold other primary professions or are self-employed.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $45,000
- Clarksville, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $46,000
- Jackson, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $45,000
- Knoxville, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $52,000
- Memphis, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $45,000
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $45,000
- Nashville, Tennessee personal trainer salary: $45,000