Become a Personal Trainer in West Virginia - WV
More About Personal Training Certification in West Virginia
Here are some other things that you need to know about becoming a certified personal trainer in West Virginia:
- It is the responsibility of all certified personal trainers to ensure the safety of their customers before, during, and after their workouts. Each trainer should have a solid understanding of workout techniques and the way that the body reacts to exercise procedures. Each trainer should also be certified in emergency response courses to ensure their customers that they will be able to cope should an emergency situation arise.
- In West Virginia personal trainer certification is eligible to individuals who are at least 18 years or older. Several national certification organizations also make it mandatory for trainers to have a high school or GED diploma.
- Personal trainer certifications must be renewed before the date of expiration. This is to make sure that those who are no longer interested in personal training will not be allowed to continue to practice, and that those who are interested in furthering their careers are able to do so.
- There is a code of ethics requirement that pertains to each individual certification body. By honoring this code, personal trainers will be exempt from adverse legal action, and their customers will be guaranteed to receive superior customer service. Among each code’s requirements are:
- Avoiding inappropriate touching of customers.
- Being honest in business transactions.
- Respecting customer confidentiality.
- Staying well educated in the personal trainer field.
Any breach of contract by a personal trainer should be reported by a fellow trainer or a customer. That personal trainer’s certification may be stripped if he or she is found guilty of that breach.